Business is one of the great social equalizers for our global society. Commerce, business, supply and demand, entrepreneurs, corporations, and other business-related ideas have become second nature to most areas of the planet. Given the collective interest in and significance of business, people naturally want to become experts. They read newspapers, study the stock market, enroll in business school, and even design career paths so that they can become a business professional. Some people are of the opinion that true business insight and savvy can only come from formal academic institutions, while others argue that real world experience is the best teacher. There are positive and negative arguments for both of those lines of logic.
The MBA book is meant to bridge the gap between stuffy lecture halls and experience-building employment. The idea of encapsulating an entire MBA in a single book may seem overly bold or unrealistic, but by boiling down the concepts of business success and modern theory into a single book, it becomes far less intimidating for readers who want to push their career forward, regardless of where they are in the business hierarchy. This book contains everything from invaluable reminders for CEOs to inspiring advice for first-time, start-up entrepreneurs. Becoming a powerful and successful business professional is a never-ending journey, because you will always be learning and developing your skills, adapting them to the dynamic world of modern business. This book helps to facilitate that educational process, providing the real-world examples of business skills, knowledge components, foundational qualities, and professional tools that can push you in the right direction.
If you’re starting a business, running a business, or looking for a job, you probably don’t have much time to enroll in business school, read a dozen dry textbooks on corporate theory, or constantly stay appraised of every new development in global commerce. While this book may not answer all your questions about how to find success, it will highlight the most important elements on the road to becoming a desirable, effective, and powerful business professional. By drawing from some of the most successful business models and business professionals in recent history, you can look at problems from new perspectives and hopefully find some inspiration from some of the greatest minds of our generation. From international titans like Walmart and Amazon to crowdsourcing sites and charitable retailers, there are lessons to be learnt on every one of these pages, no matter what size company you work for or what ambitious plans you have for your new enterprise.
Your MBA in a Single Book simplifies the business process by incrementally moving from the conceptual foundation of a company to the final touches, including the skills and tools that an established company should tweak and perfect in order to remain competitive and successful. Some of the book’s most valuable lessons include:
- Successful approaches to starting a business
- Methods of stimulating team-based ingenuity
- The importance of establishing and maintaining a vision
- Ways of optimizing the culture and environment of your business
- Leading ambitiously, and by example
- Modern perspectives on innovation and creativity
- Essential knowledge components of business leaders and professionals
- Techniques to create value for products and services
- Insight into modern marketing theory
- Logistics advice and infrastructural ideas
- Delivering superb customer service
- Remaining relevant, competitive, and “cool”
- Going beyond a commercial entity
- Becoming a community icon or a welcome participant
- Interpersonal skills as a worker, manager, and leader
- Ways to inspire ambition and innovation in others
- Methods of finding patience, persistence, and determination
- Integrating work and life
- Establishing a presence within and between industry sectors
- Maintaining a flexible and proactive perspective on the business world